Monday, June 18, 2012

Juice-tastic!

Oh...hi!  :)

Gosh, it's only been about hundred years.  I'm not actually sure when I last blogged, and now Blogger has this whole new layout that I don't know my way around yet, so...just hi.

I'm way too tired right now to properly blog, and that is because I am on day one of the Reboot Your Life program, lovingly detailed in the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  I figure if a 430-pound trucker can juice for 60 days, I can juice for a mere 30.

So, obviously, day one just sucks ass.  There's not even a nicer way to put it.  I'm tired, cranky, tired, and did I mention tired?  Sugar detoxing is the pits, I tell you.  The pits.

What I am not is hungry.  That surprises me in a way that I cannot even fully verbalize.  I find that it takes me about an hour to finish a massive cup of juice, partially because it's so massive and partially because it's so effing DISGUSTING.  I need to work on my recipes, clearly.  But yes, praise whomever that I'm not hungry.

This is a lame post, but I'm tired.  Have an awesome picture for the road.  :)



This is just a sliver of the view into Tuckerman Ravine, a few hundred yards from the summit of Mount Washington.  My body, though perhaps carrying a little extra weight here and there, allows me to hike and mountain climb to some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.  I am grateful.  :)

1 comment:

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

I watched that same documentary on Netflix and was amazed! We tried it for a couple of days but we just couldn't do it :( Boo, we're lame. How did the rest of your juicing go?